Sparta Bears Cheer uniform has several pieces:
- Cheerleaders borrow & return: cheer vest and cheer skirt. Please care for cheer vest and cheer skirt as instructed below. Please leave garment tags in place and refrain from writing names on the uniform tags.
- Cheerleaders are given & keep: camp/practice tee, team bow and Awareness bow worn in October
- Cheerleaders must purchase: cheer jacket, bodysuit, briefs, socks, cheer shoes, leggings, gloves and poms. Cheer jacket is ordered at camp through Sparta Bears. All other gear is available at In The Spotlight store in the Rockaway Mall, Rockaway, NJ. Phone 973-361-7768.
- Cheerleaders should have a gear bag dedicated to cheer gear. Sparta Bears cheer gear bag available for order at camp. The cheer gear bag can be any bag that can be dedicated for the cheer season to just cheer gear and that is large enough to hold all cheer attire, poms, shoes and drink/snack.
- Please write cheerleader name with permanent marker on wooden baton of poms.
WASH: Cheer vest and cheer skirt should be washed INSIDE OUT in COLD water. No dry clean. Cheer vests not washed inside out have frayed logo letters. Logo should be crisp, not distressed. Image below shows top vest washed inside out, bottom vest washed logo side out.
HANG DRY. No dryer.
- Cheer briefs may be washed with vest and skirt.
- Wash white bodysuit separate of uniform vest and skirt to prevent graying. No bleach.
- Stain removal: 4 steps illustrated in photo below. (1)Treat with Amodex (leave on), followed by (2)Oxyclean Laundry Spray Stain Remover (leave on), followed by (3)Dawn liquid dish detergent. Scrub fabric gently with a very wet (4)no-scratch scrub sponge and lather until stain is removed. Turn inside out and launder.
- Restore cheer shoes by using Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to remove turf and track scuffs.
Cheer vest and cheer skirt are returned at end of season. Date TBA.
Please wash uniform prior to return. Uniforms may appear clean without washing, however, when recovered after storage, unwashed uniforms are not a pretty sight or smell! Image below shows difference in clean and dirty uniform vest after several months of storage.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN MAINTAINING SPARTA BEARS CHEER UNIFORMS!